My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I have mixed feelings about this book. I wanted to devour it and see how it ended. I found it really interesting and heartwrenching. Yet as the pages remaining began to dwindle, I really started wondering how she was going to have the time to get into the recovery, the part that I would think is the most important in the book if you are really trying to send a message. But there really was no resolution. I found the ending to be a copout. Despite risking her life with ridiculously unhealthy behaviors, everything was solved as soon as she got help and found her true love. And now she can just eat whenever she wants and stop when she's full and she will stay at a "good" weight. I find this to be a complete crock and really disillusioning to the common person. I am glad I read it but I am disappointed at what I perceive to be a major missed opportunity.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment