My review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
When I started reading this book, I thought it was going to be hokey. It was talking about how this woman could create dishes, using plants, that would alter their moods. Oye. But as it turned out, I really wound up liking the book.
Claire Waverly lives in her little town that she has always lived in and runs a catering business where she influences peoples moods through plants in the food. One day, her sister Sydney shows up at her door with her daughter Bay. Sydney swore she would never come back, but because of an abusive relationship, she went back home. Claire can tell something is up but the sisters do not talk,as their relationship is rocky.
Eventually, the sisters work together to create a better relationship for themselves and their love lives. I really liked the character, Evanelle, who would basically get visions of what people "needed" and she would give them this object, even though they didn't really know why they needed it.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment