My review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read The Girl Who Stopped Swimming and I wasn't really impressed. I decided to give Joshilyn Jackson another try, and I think that will be my last.
I liked how the book started out. Teenager Hazel Crabtree, runs from home and gives birth at Bernese's house, even though no one knows she is pregnant. Bernese's sisters Stacia and Genny are there for the birth and deaf (and almost blind) Stacia decides to steal the baby.
Then the book fastforwards 30 years and the baby is now 30-year-old Nonny Frett. There has been an ongoing battle between the Fretts and the Crabtrees. I think the whole book I was kinda thinking, "what is the point?" There is a weird bug museum. Weird doll heads. Weird feuds. I honestly just was not feeling it at all.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment