Tuesday, March 3, 2009

53/100

The Bride The Bride by Julie Garwood


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I am kind of shocked to see that this book has a rating of 4.22. Granted, I liked the book but over a 4? Really? I found myself having a hard time getting into the story, which takes place hundreds of years ago, mainly in Scotland. Jamie and her three sisters have been told that one of them is to be married to a ruthless savage who possibly murders his first wife. Naturally Alec Kincade chooses Jamie, who is headstrong and tough. She causes trouble in his life, hijinks ensue, and everyone winds up loving her. There is a brief underlying story about a wife-murderer. I was able to figure out who the murderer was probably halfway in, and I am normally not good at that. Decent read, a little too predictable and Harlequin Romance novel-y.


View all my reviews.

No comments: