My review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book is written in all letter form which I am not a big fan of. The main character, Joey Margolis, is a young boy who is growing up as a Jew, without a father, in the middle of a war. He is also a pathological liar, which I had a problem with at the beginning because it was hard to discern truth from fiction. After getting 50 pages in, I decided to quit the book. I was all set to return it to the library when I saw the reviews on here and how great they were. So I sucked it up, and continued to read.
Once I really started getting into the book, I loved the relationship between Joey and Charlie Banks, the professional baseball player he swindles into his life. I ultimately felt heartbroken at the end, and I don't regret deciding to finish the book.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment