Sunday, May 31, 2009

74/100

Foul Play (Second Chance at Love, No 456) Foul Play by Janet Evanovich


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
As I have previously mentioned, I love Janet Evanovich. But her early works are really fluffy and just okay. The premise of the book is a young woman named Amy gets fired from her job as Lulu the Clown because the new program director replaces her with a rooster. In her dismay, she catches the eye of a hunky veterinarian and they fall in love within a matter of minutes. Did I mention that she is a 26-year-old virgin? The job-stealing rooster winds up at veterinarian-man's place of work and soon goes missing. Hijinks ensue. It is an obvious early Stephanie Plum, but I am so glad the SP evolved the way that it did. I will still read all JE's books because I love her, but these books are mindless quick reads.


View all my reviews.

No comments: