Monday, March 29, 2010

149/200

The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Useable Trim, Scraps, and Bones The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Useable Trim, Scraps, and Bones by Anthony Bourdain

My rating: 2 of 5 stars Anthony Bourdain is a lot of things for me. On one hand, he seems like a cool guy to hang out with...one that will cook you something fun while cursing good naturedly. On the other hand, "Tony" seems like an intimidating guy to hang out with...one that will drink you under the table, take you to a back alley somewhere, and drop the c-bomb casually in conversation. While I like his honesty, I felt like the book was a little ADD. I didn't really understand the point of each story or if they related to each other in any way. And a lot of the time he was talking about a food or chef that I had never heard of, so it really wasn't relevant to me. I think he's a fun guy though, if not ambitious for eating any part of any animal. My favorite part about him is that he realizes how lucky he is and isn't afraid to admit it. View all my reviews >>

No comments: