Tuesday, April 27, 2010

160/200

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I am a little surprised that this book is rated as high as it is. It isn't a bad book by any means, but I don't think it was 4+ worthy. I felt like the main character, Remy, tried to be a bad girl, but all of her bad girl cred was from the past that the reader only gets mention of. For some reason I noticed that the characters kept saying things "flatly." I guess the bottom line is that I really didn't care too much about the characters. Remy's mom seems clueless, Remy's friends are forgettable, and there seem to be so many of them that I can't keep track. Dexter and his bandmates just seemed annoying to me. I think this book may have just been a little too young adult for my tastes. Not a bad book, just didn't interest me as much as it could have.


No comments: