I really really love Jodi Picoult. She has the type of book that you can read 100 page and it feels like 20. You just want to keep going. I also like the fact that her books are thought provoking. In the middle of reading this, I explained the premise to my husband (who normally couldn't care less about what I am reading) and we had a good conversation about capital punishment.
The premise of the book is that a man is on death row for murdering a man and his young step daughter. The wife/mother of the victims was pregnant at the time of the murder and now (11 years later) the new daughter needs a heart transplant in order to live. The man on death row volunteers his heart and says he needs to give it to the girl in order to find salvation.
The only reason I am not giving this book a 5 is because I felt it was fairly predictable and I was not really a fan of the "supernatural" type occurrences (although I guess they could be classified as religious miracles, I am not really into that type of thing). 4 stars
Bethenny Frankel is still at the beach
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment