Friday, August 29, 2008

The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman (16/100)

The Lake of Dead Languages: A Novel The Lake of Dead Languages: A Novel by Carol Goodman


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I had a hard time getting into this book. I think it may have to do with the sort of blah main character. She doesn't really seem to have much enthusiasm for life, and that is hard to get into. I also might have had a hard time with all the Latin / classics references. But once I got a little into, I really liked it.



It is a sort of whodunit where the past comes back to haunt someone. Again, I thought the main character could've used a little more pizazz, but I found myself really wanting to pick the book back up to see what happens.


View all my reviews.

No comments: