Tuesday, June 9, 2009

76/100

The Hunger Games The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
It has been a long time since I have given a book five stars, but once I started reading The Hunger Games, I didn't have any doubts that it would be a 5-star review. It was literally a book that I could not put down. I stayed up late and finished it within 3 days. I couldn't wait to see what happened next, and I really enjoyed feeling that way about a book again.



After the dissolution of North America, 12 colonies remain. There had once been 13, but one had been destroyed in an uprising against The Capitol. In an effort to keep the districts under control, every year The Capitol holds the "hunger games." In this mandatory televised event, two children are chosen from each of the 12 districts: one male and one female. The 24 kids are expected to fight til the death until only one tribute remains. When the games get too "boring," the Gamemakers add elements like drying up the lakes, or letting loose a gang of mutant predators.



Each chapter basically ends in a cliffhanger, and the whole read was very enjoyable. I can't wait until the sequel comes out in September.


View all my reviews.

No comments: