Monday, August 17, 2009

95.100 (536 pages)

The Time Traveler's Wife The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So I have been hearing about how this is the best book on earth forever. I started it a while back and gave up after a few pages. Now that the movie is coming out, I figured I may be able to get a better grasp on it since I found it confusing the first time around.The story is about Henry, a time traveler. He meets Clare when she is a child and basically tells her that they are eventually going to get married. Later on, when Clare is in her 20's, she runs into Henry who doesn't know who she is. Confusing? Definitely. I had a hard time pulling everything together. I will be reading about a time in 2000, then a time in 2001, then a time in 1973, but really Henry is in the present. There were also a lot of times when Henry would run into himself at a different point in time. Maybe this was easy to grasp for some people, but I was having a hard time with it.I am not going to say I didn't like the book. It kept me reading. But it was very Notebook-esque in a "this is the most romantic love story of all time" garbage. I don't see how that is true since it seemed like Clare was always waiting for Henry and meanwhile he was sleeping with women left and right. I also found the miscarriage scenes to be a little sci-fi like. So in all, didn't love it, didn't hate it. It kept me interested, but it certainly wasn't the best book of all time.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: