Monday, January 18, 2010

131/200

We Need to Talk About Kevin (P.S.) We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Wow wow wow. I had heard about this book for a while and finally decided to read it. The beginning started pretty slow and I just didn't know if I could get into it. Well, this is the first book that I thought could actually give me nightmares. Eva is writing letters to her husband, who she no longer sees. In these letters, she describes the birth, childhood and adolescence of their son, Kevin. From the day he was born, Kevin was not normal. He shuns love, does what he can to cause pain to his mother, and as the book progresses, shows how truly evil he is. We know at the beginning of the book that Kevin is in jail because of a Columbine-like rampage. By books end, I felt truly disturbed. Job well done.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: