Wednesday, January 20, 2010

132/200

Columbine Columbine by Dave Cullen


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Columbine was always an event that interested me in a horrified way. I was in high school when the tragic shooting happened and as previous reviewers said, it made me wonder if that could happen to me. What makes 2 kids decide to get guns and turn them on their classmates? Like a lot of the rest of the world, I believed the rumors that it was because they were bullied. After reading Dave Cullen's book, I know that that is not the case. I found the descriptions of the event itself to be like a car wreck that you can't look away from. While reading, you wanted to believe it was just a story and not real events. I am glad to know the whole story. It felt better in that way to pay respects to the victims. Reading this book I was filled with anger, sadness, hope for those recovering, and helplessness over how it went this far.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: