Monday, February 8, 2010

135/200

The Friday Night Knitting Club The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
This was not a book that I raced to finish. But it wasn't one that I dreaded picking up either. It was just kind of there. Georgia owns her own knitting store and is single mother of Dakota. Get it? Dakota? Georgia? Yeah.

Anyway, I found something to dislike about just about all of the characters. I mean, tricking some random guy into getting you pregnant? Kinda weird. Writing a thesis about knitting? Well maybe. But as someone who has never knitted and seems to hate women, is that really the best idea?

I feel like things were wrapped up a little too wholesomely, with dead-beat dad James coming back into the picture but being a perfect angel, and everyone's problems getting tidied up with a nice neat bow, but then WAIT! Bam! Cancer and death. WTF? Where did that come from? I walked away feeling pretty shocked. Someone described it as Steel Magnolia with knitting and I laughed because that was a perfect description.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: