I was fully expecting to hate this book. I started it on the way home from the library, and I couldn't stop. I wound up reading until midnight. It was everything that Eat, Pray, Love was not. It was funny, and it was interesting. It didn't make me feel inferior for not being in the Peace Corps, and the main character was somewhat human in her reactions to living in a third world country. I say somewhat because I found her whole pregnancy to be crazy and more than a little reckless. But, hey, it is her life and her child, so who am I to judge?
I don't know why I found this so hilarious, but this part had me hooked:
"Everyone knew that your Peace Corps passport should be stamped for no less than two years. So there I'd be, like the awkward girl at the Girl Scout jamboree. All uniform, no merit badges.
No comments:
Post a Comment