My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Looking at these other reviews, I feel like the minority here. Maybe I just missed something, but I found this book to be pretty boring. Codi is quite nearly a doctor but winds up working as a 7-11 clerk instead. She lives in a loveless relationship while trying to aggressively forget her past. Her sister Hallie is a martyr who apparently can do no wrong. She moves to Guatamala to basically save the world and Codi is distraught. She moves back home to her small town in order to take care of her affection-less father who is suffering from Althzeimer's. I was bored with this book with most of the first 85% and then it hit me that if this was typical Kingsolver, that it wouldn't end well. The end, while sad, was really the only part that interested me. *I am sure there are many errors in this review because there is a stupid Science Diet ad in the way that is impossible to close.
View all my reviews >>
No comments:
Post a Comment