My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love Jennifer Weiner, and this book is no exception. I liked it far more than Best Friends Forever. In fact, I began reading this in a bookstore and didn't want to stop. Sylvie used to be a lawyer, and now she is merely a politician's wife. When she finds out on the news that her husband has been cheating on her, her world is turned upside down and she needs to find a new normal. The narration rotates between her and her two daughters: Diana, a cold ER nurse with a secret of her own and Lizzie, a recovering addict.Some of the characters frustrated me at times (Lizzie, in her relationship for one), and I never really wound up liking Diana but by book's end I felt I could understand her a little more. Overall, I am glad to see Weiner is back.
View all my reviews >>
No comments:
Post a Comment