Friday, August 13, 2010

205/300

Never Let Me GoNever Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I hated this style. Really kind of hated it. It was one big foreshadow. Like, "It all seemed like it would be okay until that fateful day we went on the trip....So let me tell you about the day we went on the trip...The day we went on the trip started out like any other." So annoying.

I thought the premise of the story was great, but that the book never was really about the premise. Instead, it felt like it was about the annoying relationships between annoying people. Tommy seemed nutty and daft, while Ruth just seemed nasty. So to have the whole book really be about Kathy (the narrator)'s relationships with them bored me to death. I would have much preferred to learn about the meat and potatoes of the carers and donators than these annoying relationships.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: