My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Keeley Murdock discovers her fiance cheating on her with her maid-of-honor at her rehearsal dinner and throws the aforementioned hissy fit. To be honest, I didn't think the fit was all that bad based on the circumstances. I liked this book more than I thought I would thanks to the entertaining chick lit flavor, but I did have some issues with it. I don't know if it was because it was a library book, but the nook formatting was terrible. I knew the ending before I even started reading because of the formatting of the table of contents. But technological issues aside, I did not find the description of Will to be at all sexy. At the beginning of the book, I pictured him as old for some reason. I also took issue with people drinking in their cars while driving. What is that all about?? But I think my biggest beef was that Keeley was supposed to be portrayed as the girl next door (at least I think she was, but that was a little unclear also) with a less than perfect body and sagging bra straps, yet she was always dressed to the nines. And I couldn't get passed the description of the Manolo Blahnik's for $200. Seriously? Where did she get those from??? Aren't they about 5 times as much? I think the character developments could've been better, but overall, an enjoyable fluffy read.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment