Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson

I started reading this book 3 times before I finished it. Not because it was bad, just because I kept finding something else. I really really really love the title of this book. Unfortunately, the book did not live up to the title, not to mention the title didn't really make sense. It wasn't really that she stopped swimming, it was just that she couldn't swim. I like it better when thinking of stopping swimming as a choice, more than a force. Anyway, the story is that this woman Laurel wakes up in the middle of the night because she sees a girl floating in her pool. At the beginning there is a big focus on her sleepwalking but then that never really comes up again. The girl is a friend of her adolescent daughter and she winds up drowning. The rest of the book is basically trying to find answers as to why she died. It somehow wasn't really a who-dunnit though. I wasn't a hue fan but once I got started, it was a pretty easy read. 3 stars.

No comments: