I chose this book because it was highly recommended on the nest. It is a story about a woman obsessed with books, who writes biographies of the dead. She receives a letter from mysterious Vida Winter, who asks her to write her biography, even though she has never told anyone the truth about her past. Vida's story begins with her grandparents, then her mother, and then the story of two twin girls. The reader is led to believe that Vida is one of the twins. Somewhere towards the end of the book, there is talk of a ghost, which then leads to the discovery that there were 3 girls: the twins and a cousin that looked like them. Vida was the cousin. Another twist is that the twin that was saved from the fire was actually the wrong one. I think. I found the last quarter to be confusing. It was a good read, but not great, and quite frankly, I don't see what all the fuss was about. 3 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment