Saturday, September 6, 2008

18/100

Please Stop Laughing at Me: One Woman's Inspirational Story Please Stop Laughing at Me: One Woman's Inspirational Story by Jodee Blanco


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
Let me start by saying that I am a special education teacher and my brother was constantly teased because of a physical disability. With that being said, I thought this book was just annoying.



The story is about a girl who moves through school after school after school and continues to be tormented by her classmates for various reason. And by tormented, I mean physically assaulted on a daily basis. The kids were downright evil, the teachers were nasty, and her parents seemed like morons.



I honestly have a hard time believing the responses that she got. She wrote the part of a martyr, basically constantly sticking up for the little guy, while she was tormented for no reason by heinous people. Teachers laughed at her and sided with tormentors. Her parents sent HER to a shrink.



I felt like the whole time, she wanted people to tell her how wonderful she was. There was constant foreshadowing of, "But they never knew just how wrong they were" or "who knew it would almost cost me my life" and stuff like that. And her mom called her "Angel" probably half a million times. Obviously, I was not a fan.


View all my reviews.

No comments: