My review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
I requested the entire Twilight series from the library thinking that it would take forever to come in. The hubbub over this book is amazing. I think it is safe to say that it is the new Harry Potter. Keeping in mind that I never like Harry Potter, I stupidly thought I would love this series as much as the next person.
I read the first couple chapters and kept thinking, pretty soon I am going to get drawn in and not be able to put the book down. It never happened. The book was okay. Just okay.
It is the story of Bella Swan, a girl who needs to get away from her life in Arizona since her mom has remarried and she feels like she needs a change. She goes to Forks, Washington to live with her dad, Charlie. While there, all of the high school boys fall in love with her. Chaos ensues. She is smitten with the unattainable Edward Cullen, a boy that is constantly described as beautiful. Long story short, Edward loves her too but he needs to keep his distance because...wait for it...he's a vampire. Yup, a vampire.
Over 500 pages, Bella loves Edward, Edward loves her back and Bella meets the rest of his vampire family. None of Edward or his family eat people because they are "good." But there are bad vampires and a couple of them decided they want to eat Bella. Naturally, Edward comes to the rescue and everything is hunky dorey.
I didn't really understand why Bella freaks out over blood or why she is clumsy, and accident prone, and hates dancing. I felt like Stephanie Meyer was hinting that she had some sort of weird disease or something but nothing ever materialized. I found Bella kind of annoying and it also bothered me how Edward never listens to her and instead decides that he knows what is best for her, regardless of what she wants.
I know that I am the minority in not liking this, but it just was not for me. I am hesitant to read the rest of the series, but since I already have it I am going to give it a try.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment