My review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
I like this book much much more than Twilight. At the beginning of the book, Edward's brother, Jasper, has a bad reaction to seeing Bella's blood and tries to attack her. This makes Edward realize that Bella is not safe hanging out with a bunch of vampires, so he basically decides to dump her and move away. Bella goes into a deep depression and basically gets a death wish, so she starts doing crazy things. One of those things is buying a motorcycle. She takes the motorcycle to family friend, Jacob, to be fixed and they become best friends. She starts to feel alive again.
Jacob is obviously in love with Bella, but Bella's heart belongs to Edward. They have a functioning relationship until Jacob basically goes crazy and refuses to talk to Bella anymore. Naturally, this is because he is a werewolf. And werewolves and vampires are mortal enemies. But I digress.
In the middle of it all, Victoria, the vampire who's boyfriend was killed by Edward last book when he tried to kill Bella, is back, trying to kill Bella. Jacob, and his werewolf pack try to protect her. Bella gets overwhelmed and decides she wants to jump off a cliff for fun. Alice sees this as her committing suicide so Edward thinks she is dead and decides to commit suicide himself, the only way a vampire can: he goes to Italy to have the Volturi, a band of vampires, kill him.
Alice and Bella jet to Italy to save Edward. For whatever reason, the airline speaks in French, even though they are in Italy. Maybe I need to get out more because I didn't get this. Anyway, they manage to save Edward but they have to promise the Volturi that they will make Bella a vampire. Everyone returns to Forks and Charlie is pissed that Bella left and he is still mad at Edward for making Bella sad so he hates Edward now.
I liked the book because I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen. Obviously, I still think the premise is a bit ridiculous. The spelling mistakes also drive me a little nuts (to vs. too? Seriously???) But I am glad I continued to give the series a try and I will finish it.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment