Saturday, October 11, 2008

29/100

The Art of Racing in the Rain The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I got this book on audio and I absolutely love it. It is told from the perspective of a dog, Enzo, who goes through trials and tribulations with his master. I was really nervous from just the first chapter, because I was afraid I would wind up bawling. The book begins at the end of Enzo's life as he is looking back on everything he and his master Denny have been through together.



When Denny gets Enzo as a puppy, he is single. Eventually he meets and marries Eve, and has a daughter, Zoe. Before anyone is aware of it, Enzo sniffs out a brain tumor in Eve. She eventually passes away and Denny (and Enzo) must fight to keep the family intact. The book is really heartwrenching at times, but it is always wonderful. The love Enzo has for his people is amazing and I love his omnipotent presence. I highly recommend this book.


View all my reviews.

No comments: