skip to main |
skip to sidebar
84/100
A Dirty Job
by Christopher Moore
I have to start by saying that I can appreciate Moore's humor and sarcasm. But I really did not like this book at all. Charlie's wife dies at the beginning of the book, shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Charlie sees a man in the room of his dead wife that no one else sees. This leads to Charlie's discovery that he is a "death merchant." This means when someone dies, Charlie must fine the receptacle that their soul has gone to and find the new proper home for it. If he doesn't find the right object, people are attacked by "sewer harpies," or crows with unbelievable strength. In addition to the sewer harpies, there are tiny animals wearing clothes and walking on two legs. So stupid. I just couldn't take it. Sorry to the Moore lovers out there - I am not one of them.
I have to start by saying that I can appreciate Moore's humor and sarcasm. But I really did not like this book at all. Charlie's wife dies at the beginning of the book, shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Charlie sees a man in the room of his dead wife that no one else sees. This leads to Charlie's discovery that he is a "death merchant." This means when someone dies, Charlie must fine the receptacle that their soul has gone to and find the new proper home for it. If ...more I have to start by saying that I can appreciate Moore's humor and sarcasm. But I really did not like this book at all. Charlie's wife dies at the beginning of the book, shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Charlie sees a man in the room of his dead wife that no one else sees. This leads to Charlie's discovery that he is a "death merchant." This means when someone dies, Charlie must fine the receptacle that their soul has gone to and find the new proper home for it. If ...more
No comments:
Post a Comment