Tuesday, July 21, 2009

85/100

The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book is set in 1950's England. Young Penelope gets into a cab with Charlotte, a stranger, and her life changes forever. Charlotte is a dynamo with a great attitude. Penelope begins to spend more and more time with Charlotte and her family: her caring aunt, and her mysterious brother, Harry. Harry is in love with a newly engaged girl and needs to use Penelope to make her jealous. There are expensive parties, lots of drinks, rock stars, and mysterious men.



I found Penelope's mother terribly obnoxious and rude to her children. I thought Penelope also came across as pathetic to constantly be the ruse in the scheme. I didn't find this book very charming, but I did find myself thinking about it after I read it, which I suppose must mean something.


View all my reviews >>

No comments: