My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is another book that I found in the library's "new" section. I picked it based solely on its' title. I didn't really love it at first, but in the heart of it, I really started to enjoy it. There seemed to be too much history and too many people at the beginning. And I still don't really understand the narrator's place in all of it. The story takes place in Wideland, OK in a predominately black area. Irene and Val are deeply in love. The have two daughters, Tante, and Rose. They also have a family live on their property: Bertha, John, and their crippled daughter, Juliet. I don't want to give too much away, but it is frustrating how much these people put up with. I finally started really enjoying the story when it focuses on Rose's daughter, Myine.
View all my reviews >>
No comments:
Post a Comment